Information is a Key asset.
Every year, the amount of information you own soars… yet again. That knowledge is one of your most precious assets and represents a huge potential competitive advantage. But that competitive advantage disappears if your people can’t get to the right information at the moment they need it.
The scenario is repeated in many organizations: lots of documents are misplaced and a part of the workday is spent searching for information. The fact is, when it comes to finding what you’re looking for, all too often today’s shared hard drives, intranets, and even Web sites might as well be “electronic landfills." Without effective, coherent ways of managing their documents, organizations find it harder than it should be to address problems like document retention and compliance. Perhaps worst of all, businesses miss opportunities – either because they can’t identify them, or because they can’t respond quickly enough.
Document management: effective solution.
- It brings together all of an organization’s sources of knowledge, including documents, relevant email communications, scanned paper documents and anything that can potentially be stored as a file.
- The content your people create (in whatever form) is a key organizational asset. It should be easily accessible to anyone on your team who needs it, and has authority to see it and inaccessible to anyone who doesn’t.
Your content should never become “invisible" (and, hence, useless) when its creator leaves the organization, or goes on vacation, or simply doesn’t want to share. Properly implemented, document management makes sure that just won’t happen.
- Increase Productivity: Eliminates the time-consuming and error-prone consequences of handling paper documents and storing digital files in personal folders or shared network drives.
- Compliance Administration: Documented policies and procedures, secure management of business documents, and consistent business processes are the foundation to meeting regulatory and compliance challenges.
- Information Security: Offers robust and flexible security in a controlled document management system, providing confidence that information is secure and accessible only to those who are authorized.
- Reduce Cost: Streamlines employee efficiency, improves customer service, and eliminates expenses resulting from lost information.
- Reduce Risk: Reduces the potential for financial losses associated with the management of critical business information.
- Fast User Adoption: Most Document Management solutions are designed for ease-of-use with intuitive Microsoft integration and Windows-based functionality.
Check Synergy, an innovative integration solution for Document Management, developed by VILT.
The table below presents the Document Management solutions/products which VILT uses:
|Commercial Solutions||EMC Documentum Learn more|
|OpenText Content Server Learn more|
|Open Source Solutions||Alfresco Learn more|