Enterprise Portals & Intranets
Aggregate and integrate content.
With the growth of internal IT systems, large corporations face a big challenge when it comes to build an Enterprise Portal or an Intranet: it need to aggregate and integrate multiple heterogeneous sources of content and applications spread over the organization and deliver it seamlessly, providing a consistent and pleasant experience to the end users (customers or partners).
Face the challenge: build a good Internet Portal or Intranet.
Enterprise Portal solutions offer you the functionalities you need:
- Single Point of Entry / Single sin-on — enterprise portals can provide single sign-on capabilities between their users and various other systems. This requires a user to authenticate only once. Access control lists manage the mapping between portal content and services over the portal user base.
- Integration — the connection of functions and data from multiple systems into new components/portlets/web parts.
- Federation — the integration of content provided by other portals, typically through the use of WSRP or similar technologies.
- Personalization — Users can customize the look and feel of their environment. Customers who are using EIPs can edit and design their own web sites which are full of their own personality and own style; they can also choose the specific content and services they prefer. Also refers to the ability to prioritize most appropriate content based on attributes of the user and metadata of the available content.
- Permissions — the ability for portal administrators to limit specific types of content and services users have access to. For example, a company's proprietary information can be entitled for only company employee access.
The table below presents the Enterprise Portals & Intranets solutions/products which VILT uses:
|Commercial Solutions||OpenText Portal Learn more|
|IBM Websphere Portal Learn more|
|Oracle Webcenter Learn more|
|SAP NetWeaver Learn more|
|Open Source Solutions||Liferay Learn more|